Skip to main content

Blink - Arduino Tutorial

This week I did a refresher on Arduino by using the 'Blink Tutorial' to make sure everything was set up. I also was able to refresh my memory of basic Arduino. I completed the tutorial, but once I got home I realized I had forgotten a resistor, so I couldn't do the tutorial as planned. Instead in the videos, you can see that it is indeed working, but it is working on the indicator light on the breadboard instead. Below is a photo of the setup, minus the resistor.


Here is the video of the indicator light blinking (CLICK HERE for the video if the preview isn't working):


Here is the code altered for the light to blink faster:


Here it is blinking faster (CLICK HERE for the video if the preview isn't working):


This wasn't exactly how this was supposed to work, but I know it would have worked properly if I had the resistor, so I am ready to learn more about Arduino next week.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interactive Object Proposal

I want to create an object that is able to generate 6-word stories with the help of user interaction. It is based on a combination of a few ideas. Those machines in arcades with the circling lights that you need to press at the right time to get a lot of tickets. Combining this with ‘story’ creation is my way to make fun of AI-generated text, which I am not a fan of. The idea of the 6-word story comes from two things: Wired magazine, where people are prompted to create a new 6-word story each month, and an AU Arts class called Words at Work. We had a warm-up activity called Proverb where we stood in a circle and each said a word until someone declared that it was a proverb, then we wrote down the sentence and started again. Here is the arcade game I was talking about: The object will be a circular or square box with a 'spin-the-wheel' set up with words in a circle. The words will be chosen from the inner-most circle to the outer-most circle. Each layer of words will be part of ...

Interactive LED Circuit

 This week I applied some of the in-class coding lessons to an interactive LED Circuit. My main idea was to create a system where half the LEDs go off and once interaction happens the other half would go off. In the simple example, I created this week, the 1st, 3rd, and 5th light go off together in a row, then the 2nd and 4th go off together once the potentiometer changes reading. I found success in creating what I wanted to for this week, though I certainly see the potential for similar code to be used on a larger and more complex scale. For more on that see the end of the post. The challenges I encountered were mainly associated with knowing how to order the code for it to work properly. I knew all the pieces necessary for this idea to function, but I wasn't sure what had to happen first. Once I was able to figure that out, the code worked well. The only problem that remains is the last LED in each light sequence doesn't fade in and out, it just flashes on. I still don't ...